Lol. I know, I know... I made 23 days and then went several months without a single post. (sigh) Such is my life. Spastic and un-focused and never-finishing-of-any-project-I-start. SORRY! Not that anyone really reads this blog anyways...
But I've been watching a lot of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding on TLC via Netflix, and really love the Romanichal way. And while not raised in the "Romany" community, I was raised with a lot of the same morals... for a "Gorger". I wasn't allowed to date, and hanging out with boys was frowned upon... I was raised to be a house-wife and cook and clean and take care of my Husband, much in the same way the Romanichal Gypsy girls are. I was also raised to be a virgin until I was married - which worked until my second engagement at the age of 19 went sour and I kinda flew off the hinge, so to speak.
So the show hit home with me this week and reminded me, sadly, what a slacker I've been lately. I completely agree with the girls/wives when they say that they, "feel empty and lazy if I haven't cleaned today." And their reminding me of how I was raised, has helped me to be a better wife to my husband this week. I'm grateful for that! He has come home with a smile this week several times to a spotless (or as near as I can get it) house and dinner ready, and his girl looking hot with make-up/hair done - even if I'm just in Holey Jeans and a Black tee, like I am today.
And that makes me SO happy!!
No pics of me today because I can't find a working camera phone at the moment, other than my husbands. But I am definitely living it up in Romany style today. So, here's some PIN-spiration for y'all.
Holey Jeans (nix the jacket) and I still look smoking hot in a chillaxed kinda way.
Especially with a messy ponytail, and my eyes being all done up.
Romanichal girls are told that, "The eyes are the nipples of the face" and they sure do know how to make them enticing, so today I took a few tips from their book of sexy looks and am definitely enjoying the smiles from my husband as he plays video-games with the guys today :)
What has inspired the way you do your make-up lately,
or even the way you take control of your life and live it?!?!?!?
-- A Beer-Budget Fashionista.



No comments:
Post a Comment