Let me just say that I LOVE tutu's, but have never had the privilege of owning one... until I found a vintage wedding slip on Etsy.
I bought it to go under my wedding dress as a slip to make the skirt fuller, but as the day got closer, I realized my dress was too short (and too narrow) for what I wanted it to be like. So, I decided to go for more of a Kate Middleton look...
I bought it to go under my wedding dress as a slip to make the skirt fuller, but as the day got closer, I realized my dress was too short (and too narrow) for what I wanted it to be like. So, I decided to go for more of a Kate Middleton look...
I cut and had my dress hemmed to tea-length, and set my gorgeous vintage lace slip aside...
Until, that is, I found my dream could be reality with just a little PINspiration!
And so, tonight, my project will be to turn this beautiful slip - into a perfectly sweet addition to my "Tres Chic Wardrobe" for the upcoming winter season.
Some of the hardest, most terrifying, cuts a vintage lover will ever take. I was so mortified. I didn't know where to start at first because I was deathly afraid of ruining such a BEAUTIFUL wedding slip...
But, I felt a little better after the initial steps were made to start the project...
Until my husband looked at me and said, "Well... no going back now. Huh, babe?" with a slightly evil/snarky grin twirking the sides of his gorgeous lips.
But in the end, I am happy I did it! And it looks Great!
Even though I am still a little nervous and in denial about cutting that beautiful slip... I am enjoying the Tea Length, and can't wait to try it out this upcoming Winter. Now... just to get through Fall and the anticipation.
What projects have you taken on lately??
-- A delightfully inspired, Beer Budget Fashionista









I was wondering when you were going to get around to doing something with that :-)
ReplyDeleteHow did I NOT see this comment before?!!??! Augh :/ Love you Momma! <3 And thank you for commenting on my blog... comments always make me smile :D
ReplyDelete