Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pinterest Dreams....

Thanks to many years of thrifting, hand-me-downs, clearance racks, and red dot sales, I am one of the few women who can honestly say she doesn't have to do much more (if anything at all) to have the
"Pinterest closet of their Dreams"...
 
You definitely won't see me with the following photo on my boards!
 
 
And now, if I can only just get over these sicky germs I keep getting, and these small town fashion blues, I can get more on track with this blog.
 
But, as an example... I can take each of these outfits, and wear them almost exactly from the collection I've put together over these past 10 years +/-. 
 
 
In fact, a few weeks ago, I did. I wore the look 2nd from the end easily, and enjoyed lounging about my house in style. Today, on the other hand, I decided to mix and match a few of the best elements.
 I even did a runway look for my hair... or at least did my best, for the length of hair I've got.
 
 
 
The sweater was on clearance at Dillard's last Christmas for 25$.
It's 100%, doubly-ply cashmere, and was originally over 100.
I was SO ecstatic over the price I got two! One in a plain, soft purple.
And, this one... my super "fierce" cheetah print.
 
I got the yellow tank for like 5$ several years ago, and the amazingly glitzy earrings are from Wal-Mart. I literally paid THREE dollars on clearance for a T.Swift inspired earring... Love it! My necklace was actually a gift from my sweet Husband after being married for about 2 seconds.
(It was a present for us hitting one month...)
 
I didn't feel like wearing heels around my house, but I've enjoyed sliding around my living room in my rainbows & unicorns (zebra) socks! It's helped me to feel a little bit better to be silly....  And!! They were even on sale. 
A pack of 5 at Rue21, for 2 or 3 dollars.. I bought two packs.
(My skinny jeans were also on clearance at Rue21 for $10.)
 
 
Anyone out there riding in the same boat as me?
 
-- A Germy Princess/Beer Budget Fashionista


No comments:

Post a Comment