Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day #19 of this Challenge...

Even though I missed a few days from being sick, that is still a lot better than what my expectations for myself were in the beginning of this. I didn't think I would make it through this 30 Day Challenge, and to be fair, according to the numbers - I haven't exactly made it through the way I was supposed to. But, I think 16 out of 19 is pretty darn good!
 
It probably sounds lame that I can't even do a full 30 days of hair and make-up, but for me, it's actually a lot. I am one of those gals who never really wears make-up except on special occasions, dates, and holidays, and to church. The collage below is from between 2008 - 2013, and you'll notice that my day to day life (even since I've gotten married) just DOES NOT include make-up...


....................................................EVER...................................................

 Seriously.... at most during the week, IF I decide to wear ANYTHING - it's basically mascara and chap-stick. So, this is a really big deal for me. Heck! I wasn't even supposed to be allowed to wear make-up until I was 16. (That doesn't mean I didn't occasionally borrow eye-liner/lip-gloss on the bus and wash it off before going home. I'm surprised I didn't get pink eye or mono!)
 
Though, my parents did end up letting me wear it a year earlier than they had planned. Apparently, I did well my last year of middle school, because my Mom bought me my first full make-up kit as an early graduation present - for my transition into High School. But, anyways...

I've made it through yet another day, and while it's a huge deal for me, it's also getting a heckofalot easier for me to do... I admit though, that I am extremely grateful to Pinterest throughout this process.
It's helped me so much with ideas, and even with being able to find outfit pics (that are so similar to what's in my actual closet that it's uncanny) so I don't always have to take a full on pic of every inch and detail of my outfits... especially when I'm having an off day and am sort of "in a funk".

Or, so that I am able - like today - to show you my PINspiration vs. my reality.


Day #19 = Success!
 

I actually wore this for an interview at a restaurant in downtown New Bern after my physical therapy... but, for this evening, I've decided on a more chillaxed version as I lounge about the house. Loving the denim trends.

 
Though, to be fair, I've been wearing Chambray Shirts & denim-on-denim for like 14 years now... before the styles were 100% "IN". I wore the trend in HS and beyond, but I also was a fan of denim dresses and jumpers throughout my kiddo years.


Like this photo: It was taken as I, age 18, was heading out on a flight towards good ol' "Colorada" to visit and stay with my Grand-parents. I wore black pants, my blazer, a Chambray shirt and a sparkly glitzy tank.
(Not that you can really tell in this picture)


A jewelry highlight is also well deserved.... I think. Top: custom necklace (SPLURGE!!!!) from my favorite artist in Colorado, Liese Chavez. I had a custom friendship set made for my dear friend of 8 years, Sophia, last Christmas. Bottom: compilation of my favorite bracelets. 6$ pearls, free glitzy/edgy black band, and a gift from my lovely momma in the form of a sterling silver and Swarovski charm bracelet - all clipped together with a thrifted broach...


Since I am just LOUNGING about now and being silly...



I've chosen to nix the skirt, and toss on some old ripped flare jeans, and my western conch belt.


Such an easy style!

(Thank you Pinterest for the inspiring photo, and to my Mom - for pretty much all of the photography that includes moi in this post - she's seriously amazing!!)

A day in the life of a Beer Budget Fashionista...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment