Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Artistry Experience

I know I'm not one to talk about make-up usually, or even recommend it. In fact, I don't wear it 98% of the time. At most, I wear it once or twice a month when Tyler and I go out on dates. And even then, I seem to go out "bare-faced" or "naked" as of late. Mostly because the birth-control I am on has been having a bad effect in regards to acne. I have come to realize that "make-up + birth-control = a facial disaster". I just haven't wanted to mess with it. But I do want to tell you about my experience with our Artistry brand skin-care and make-up line over the past few weeks. 
For most of you who know me, you would generally say that I am a bubbly, happy-go-lucky, lively person. But those of you who know me well, would say that I can also be a wall-flower in new experiences, and public events. That is why acne brings out more of my extremely self-concious, shy, nervous, quiet self. I tend to withdraw inwards. I lack the self-esteem and confidence to motivate and push myself towards outward things and experiences.
Since Tyler and I joined in partnership with Amway as Independent Business Owners (IBO's) and started to try our own products (so we knew with certainty how we felt about them) I have been slowly getting more confident. And I can honestly say that, not only is it because Tyler and I are working more closely as a team and drawing closer as a couple, and not only is it because we have a great support system in both our Upline's and Downline - our Team... but it is also because of our Artistry line, and the amazing products it consists of.
Granted, I haven't tried them all, but what I have been using the past few weeks, has been Ahhh-mazing! I started by trying our Artistry Essentials balancing kit and it has completely:
1) Changed the way I feel about taking better care of my skin.
2) Boosted my confidence by finding a product that ACTUALLY works for me.
3) The redness, irritation, swelling, and black sleep-deprivation bags under my eyes are greatly reduced - some of it completely gone. Including a reduction in acne.
4) No more sentivity issues from harsh cleansers or allergic reactions to caked on layers of make-up.
5) It's SIMPLE.
I know people will read this and probably think that I am blowing smoke, but I'm not. I've tried Clearasil. I've tried Neutrogena. I've tried Pro-active. I've tried the old person cream* that smells funny and starts with an "n" (and I only say that because I can't remember the name of it at the moment). I've tried Witch-hazel. I've tried lemons, and green tea scrubs, and honey/sugar scrubs, and egg white masks. I've tried just about anything and everything. And I've found, for me at least, that across the board... None of it really works.
Until now.
That is why I said before that I want to live a Clean, Refreshed, and Energized life. Artistry is so much more than Refreshing and Renewing in and of itself.... I look forward, for once in my life, to going through the morning routine of washing my face. I couldn't wait to take a shower today, because I knew that once I was done with my shower... I could jump right out and put on some of our Artistry Skin Refinishing Lotion. I was genuinely excited and smiling.... ABOUT LOTION, of all the things in the world! It may seem like something small and insignificant to most, but it has seriously changed the course of my day-to-day attitude about things.
And the make-up? Oh yeah... today is the SECOND day in a ROW that I have worn make-up. Artistry's Make-up line operates off the ag old adage that, "Less is more." The before-and-after beauty pamphlet that I flipped through at our Product Expo last weekend actually shows you the value of "under-doing it". And I am absolutely a fan of "no" make-up.
I DON'T WEAR IT, because -
1) My usual make-up routine takes me over an hour.
And, 2) As noted before, I have adverse allergic reactions to most eye-liners and foundations - thus, I end up looking like I'm crying or have the sick-sniffles all day.
But I have been wearing the Artistry make-up... and it has truly taken me less than 5 minutes every time. Using the Artistry line has also made my skin look amazing with barely anything on. I haven't had to use concealer, a primer or even SPF lotion. I haven't used any form of powder, bronzer, color-corrector, eyeshadow, lip-liner, brow-liner, chapstick. Nothing. I cut about 20 steps and 50 minutes out of my routine, just by getting ONE bottle of foundation and one LED light-up Lip gloss. That's valuable time that I am getting back to put into my day.

 
And I know this is getting long, but I want to add this as my close...
If you had an opportunity to try a product that has inspired change in the little oddities of a friends every day life - to the point that she wished she had known about Artistry before her wedding day, because it gives her even greater confidence to go forth with her day than her make-up did on such a significant mile-stone in her life as her WEDDING... Wouldn't you want to see what all the Excitement was about!?
- Victoria Breedlove
IBO Amway Global and LTD
www.Amway.com/BreedloveInc

*Noxema
PS: If you LOVE Vera Bradley like I do... go to E-bags.com in our Partner Stores tab & Search "Vera Bradley". Tons of great styles and colors... Vibrant as ever, and great prices, and it helps to support us as well! I can't wait to put in my order for the Large Cosmetic Bag/Tote in "Citron". Hopefully it comes in on time for our Business Conference in KY next month!
 

 
All Product Photo's Courtesy of the Amway Advertising and Marketing Teams and Website's.

No comments:

Post a Comment