Saturday, August 17, 2013

Welcome to my Old/New space...

I've been contemplating starting a second blog for a while. This has mostly been my test site for new templates I've wanted to try really, and has had MANY different names.
 
But I post a lot about fashion on my blog that was originally meant to be something for homely things and recipes... but lately, the fashionista in me has taken it over.
 
I started a 30 day hair and make-up challenge because I got into a jeans and tee and general laziness rut in every part of my life. In fact, I was crying the other day while I was sick, not only because of my general moodiness, but also because my dear, sweet husband made a joke about it...
 
 
He didn't mean, of  course, that I am lazy by any means, but was rather joking about me being lazy and being in a bed all day that HE banned me to so that he could take care of me until I was feeling better. He really is a sweetheart, but he didn't realize I was already feeling lazy and crappy and low because I couldn't get up and clean the house or do the dishes or take care of him.
 
But I felt like, even HE had noticed I was in a rut....
 
I digress though... I was in a rut this summer, yes. But slowly, through this challenge, I am getting out of. At least in the putting myself together department! And since, I'm going about being UN-lazy in that department and how just doing something as simple as 5 minutes (sometimes more) of make-up can make me get out of the pj's and jeans/tees drag I've been going through...
 
Why shouldn't I get out of the procrastination I've been going through for almost 2 years now,
if not longer... about starting this blog!?!??!?!



 
I should! I really, really should!
 
I've been dressing myself since I don't know when, and shopping for my own clothes with my own money since I was old enough to earn it doing dishes and babysitting for neighbors. And I've also had a "passion for fashion" my entire life! Like I said, been dressing myself since I don't know when...
 
And from that, and some encouragement from my mom, my doting husband... and mostly from the confidence to finally do it... this blog has been born.
 
For girls like me....
 
With Champagne Style, and a Beer Budget.
 
 
From one hot mess of a struggling Fashionista.

No comments:

Post a Comment