Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mothers Day Style: Baby Bump Day #7

Only 108 days left to go until Peregrinn's impending arrival!!

We usually don't do the whole Mother's Day thing in my house. We call our own Mother's - make, buy, send or give them a small trinket of some sort & wish them well - and then I go into my room alone and cry... or mope, depending on that particular years level of depression.

Lots of people deal with different kinds of loss in different ways. My mother and Sister-in-love have both lost their mother's; and my Mom has lost children - they deal with this differently. Me, being the private sort of person that I am - I hide. Alone. And grieve to myself. No one ever told me Happy Mother's day before last year. I was so shocked when the Preachers Wife brought me flowers and told me "Never forget that you're a Mommy too!" Most people just didn't even think of it... which was fine by me, since I didn't want to talk about the 5 miscarriages I'd had over the years since my 20th birthday anyways. And then, there's just a few people just disagree on whether I "count or not" for Mother's Day... they're at least kind enough to keep their opinions to themselves.

This year, however, while I still took a few moments to think about my Babies in Heaven - I have reason to rejoice as well! This is the first year, I get to CELEBRATE Mother's Day. This is the first year that I have made it past 2 months of pregnancy. This year ... is Special for me.

Even my Husband gave me a kiss and a hug this evening and told me "Happy Mother's Day, Sweetheart"... and that was definitely a lovely surprise <3

I am truly Blessed. 










After church, my family all came home to my parent's house for dinner. I changed from my dress into jeans & a sparkly tank afterwards for comfort, and then we all went to the movies to see Jungle Book - my brother's "Mothers Day" treat! And from the kids out of state?! My wonderful Momma got phone-calls at 12 am & Skype dates, etc. later <3 


Even my former Mother-in-Law, whom I refer to now as my "Mother in Love" sent me a peek of one of her current projects - a Mother-Daughter present for me! As Philip's family are Denver Bronco's fans, and my Daddy is a stout believer in the Dallas Cowboys - she is making Baby Booties for #BabyBrandenstein - in Bronco's colors, of course, because "Don't you DARE do that #DallasBaby thing to that poor boy!!!!" I couldn't be more blessed by her gift, even if they are the wrong colors ;) 

How did you celebrate or dress for Mother's Day? Btw, Pajama's and Grieving is an acceptable answer on here, if that's the support you need this year!!!!  <3 

-- Beer Budget Fashionista


No comments:

Post a Comment